Understanding Investment Qualifications - Free Briefing Session on Monday 3 September
Date & Time: Monday 3 September, from 12.30pm-1.30pm
Venue: Jersey International Business School
The JFSC's Review of Financial Advise (RFA) proposes that all retail investment advisers should comply with the new requirements to hold a minimum Level 4 qualification by the end of 2013.
Politicians and regulators are keen to protect consumers, and so the RFA/RDR will ensure that there is a complete overhaul on how investment product advice is given, along with ensuring a clearer regulation over pricing structure. Since time is moving along quite quickly, and some of the qualifications take 12 months to complete, the pressure is now on for students and so time is of the essence to learn more about the available qualifications.
Chris Usher, Senior Lecturer will be discussing the following qualifications:
- CISI Investment Advice Diploma (IAD), Level 4 - starts 17 September
- CISI Private Client Investment Advice & Management (PCIAM) Level 6 - starts 17 September
- CISI Masters in Wealth Management, Level 7 - starts 21 September
- *Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Masters Level 7 - starts 15 October
* This will be the first time that the CFA has been taught in Jersey and it is the type of qualification that allows individuals to differentiate themselves in an increasingly global jobs market.
The Business School's recent cohort of students who sat the CISI Private Client Investment Advice & Management (PCIAM) exceeded all expectations by producing a 93% pass rate. This is unheard of with respect to this Level 6 qualification and there was also one distinction and four merits from within the group of 14 students.
Joel Graves, Assistant Vice-President, Wealth and Investment Management at Barclays, is the student who achieved the distinction and comments,
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course; Chris was informative and professional and really helped me to focus on the techniques required to be successful in the exam. I particularly liked the "Think Tank" type approach to group work that was undertaken in the sessions. It was extremely beneficial to openly discuss the exam questions and syllabus with a knowledgeable tutor and with the rest of the class, it reinforced my understanding as I managed to get different people's viewpoints"
To reserve your place at the briefing session contact Gemma Renfrey on 816338 or email email@example.com