Relocation & Recruitment Advice

AP Executive offers recruitment services in Spain. Please contact our consultants for further information or use our job search function to see our current jobs in Spain.

Banner Default Image


Spain is a country well known for tapas, fine art and its "buzzing" nightlife. It's 504,750 kilometres squared with a mixture of terrains - quite a geographical beauty. Spain is a constitutional monarchy; the King is head of state with a democratically elected congress of deputies. The proclaimed king, Felipe VI has had the crown since 2014. Spain's GDP is USD 2.016 Trillion with GDP per capita USD 38,143.


Spanish income tax is relatively high in comparison to other European countries; 19% being the lowest on an income of up to EUR 12,450 and 45% on income exceeding EUR 60,000. However, if one's income does not exceed EUR 22,000 then they are not obliged to prepare a declaration nor pay tax. Capital gains in Spain are taxed as ordinary income, this varies between a 19%-23% rate. The corporate income tax rate for Spain is 25% . Other tax rates may apply, depending on the type of company that is taxed and its type of business

Spain is a booming country in terms of its financial industry and has been for years. One of the most successful banks during the economic crisis was Spanish (Santander). There are various opportunities to be had in terms of business in Spain, ranging from asset management to IT consultancy.

As Spain is a part of the European Union, EU nationals from other countries are not obliged to file for a work permit in order to be able to live and work in Spain. Furthermore, in 2005, there was new legislation passed by the Spanish government on immigration - they announced a general amnesty for illegal immigrants. By registering with the relevant authorities, formerly illegal immigrants were able to legitimise their presence in Spain. Nevertheless, non-EU-nationals must apply for a work permit or visa if aspiring to live and work in Spain. Work permits must be applied for at the Foreigners' Office (Oficinas de Extranjeros) or to the provincial office of the Ministry of Labour (Delegación Provincial del Ministerio de Trabajo) if you are already in Spain. If you are not in Spain, a work permit must be applied for at the Consular office of your home country.

Setting up a company in Spain is pretty straightforward, although time-consuming unlike Belgium for example (another EU country). Furthermore, apart from Costa del Sol, a reasonable level of Spanish is required in order to comply with all necessary documents and procedures. Due to this, a translator/advisor is recommended if wishing to establish.


For more comprehensive guidelines on starting a business in Spain, please click here.​


For more detailed information, please visit the following website.

Moving to Spain:

Guide to Spanish visas and permits

EU/EEA and Swiss nationals do not require a work permit or visa to live and work in Spain.